You will be grinning from ear to ear by the end of this post. Without further ado, here's 5 quotes from the first week of our afterschool program that will make you smile: (in no particular order)
1. "Ms. Bekah (Crew Leader): Why did you draw a cross on the word "loving"? Vince (Webb student): Because Jesus loves us the most!" - Raquel, Site Coordinator at Webb Early College Prep Academy
2. "[The first week] was a lot of fun. My team is very great and we are happy to work together!" - Julissa, Site Coordinator at T.A. Brown
3. "[The first week] we had 36 volunteers on campus! This included 2 Bow Wow Reading dogs, 1 intern, 13 students from Regents School of Austin, and 4 students from Reagan High School. The kids are loving it, and we love our volunteers!" - Piccola, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator
4. "One student started the program on Tuesday and cried as her father left. By the end of the day, she was talking with the other students in the K/1st class and was excited to come back for the next day!" - Angie, Site Coordinator at Mollie Barrington
5. "We have a productive semester ahead of us, but I loooooooove my job! Pickle and Webb kids are wonderful!" - Michelle, Program Coordinator
It has been a fantastic start to the year, and we want you to join the fun! Check out our volunteer page for more information about how to come serve east Austin kids with us!